Thursday, January 31, 2008

Return of the blaurgh. Winter plants and the marvelous things they do.

I don't want to gloat too much- I apologize to those who are knee deep in snow. But wintertime is here, and look who strolled in a little late.



That's right. Cute litte cheery cherry tomatoes. A couple of round happyfaces. I will nurture them and baby them and talk and sing to them until they plump up with rosy cheeks and then I will devour them like Saturn devouring his children.. yuuum.. crunchy....

Anyhow, remember how I told you my cloning plant grew a flowering spike? I really don't know why it does this when it is already so prolific in progeny. Let me show you the babies the clones gave off:



These are only about 10% of the baby clones I kept. There were so, so many of them. Let me know if you want me to send you one. I think they're really ready to go now.

Well, back to the flowering spike- This is so beautiful, I wish i could capture the beautiful red and pink tones through a lens. Unfortunately, all I have is this picture.



I will try to capture as many pictures as I can through this process. Hopefully something spectacular and climactic happens.


XOXO
Love,
Funtimehappygardenexplosion.blogspot.com

P.S. I was wondering if anybody has happy citrus growing right now. This would be the magic hour for them. I would love to see pictures. Plus, to all my fellow Southern California gardeners, those citrus must be ├╝ber sweet since we've had so much rain!
Please send pictures of orange blossoms. They are my most favored aromatic flowers, oh swoooooooooon!

P.P.S. This is what I will look like when I devour my leetle cheery cherries:

1 comment:

lisa said...

Golly...that last picture...wow. I love your aloe (I presume) in that second picture!!! I have one that seems quite unhappy...any cultural suggestions? You obviously know what YOU'RE doing...any help would be appreciated! :)